Energy Umpire is as a 100% Australian owned service. It was conceived and developed by Alan Rattray, who has 30 years of experience at a senior management and Board level in energy. After decades in the industry he wanted to give ordinary customers the benefit of his experience and offer a genuine impartial and high quality service based firmly on the interests of ordinary customers.
“I’ve done so much work for major companies, it’s time I gave the same high quality advice to smaller customers” — Alan Rattray
Alan’s 30 years in energy has included:
- Managing Director of Alliant Energy Australia
- Chairman of Southern Hydro
- GM Energy Trading at United Energy
- Director, Energy Brix, Copower and Hydro Systems
- Director, Energy Group for the investment bank, Morrison & Co.
- Chairman Oakley Greenwood
- Appointed by the Prime Minister to the Energy Reform Implementation Group, a panel established by the Council of Australian Governments to report on further reform of the electricity and gas markets in Australia.